Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Greene Psychological Group has the best-skilled psychologists in Raleigh, NC. Psychologists use many approaches in therapy treatment; one is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, written as CBT. CBT is essential for treating patients with mental health disorders and symptoms.
Research in the US shows one in 15 people has depression in a given year.
The disorder can hit anyone anytime, especially in the 15-28 age bracket. Greene Psychological Group psychologists firmly believe that CBT solves many mental health challenges and are always ready to offer professional services and assist needy patients.
The main objective of CBT is to identify negative thoughts which ultimately impact one’s behavior for self-improvement. The treatment will help enhance treatment processes and help patients regain their self-esteem.
A look at some of the most common conditions treated using the CBT approach include:
- Mood and advanced stress disorders: Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) focuses on identifying and mitigating unfavorable thoughts and patterns of behavior that ultimately cause depressive mood. With CBT, the patient will be empowered to know and disprove harmful attitudes. Moreover, CBT offers more efficient mechanisms for coping with the disorders of patients on a personalized basis.
- Panic Attacks and Anxiety: Another condition that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Approach addresses is panic attacks and anxiety. Notably, the CBT approach helps train patients in the best techniques for relaxation and handling anxiety signs. With exposure treatment, the patient learns to recognize and question the unhelpful ideas and notions that fuel their anxiety and face their fears gradually.
- Eating disorders: CBT for eating disorders entails recognizing and disputing unfavorable ideas and opinions about what to eat, how much to weigh, and how one should look and feel. The person learns how to control the triggers that result in disordered eating behaviors and create healthy eating habits.
- Addictions: CBT for addictions includes recognizing and altering unfavorable thoughts and behavior patterns leading to substance usage. The person gains knowledge of what causes them to use substances and better coping mechanisms and analytical abilities.
- Anger issues: CBT for anger issues includes recognizing and challenging harmful attitudes and beliefs that fuel furious outbursts. The person gains better problem-solving and communication skills as well as relaxation methods for controlling the symptoms of rage.
- CBT for personality disorders focuses on assisting the patient in acquiring more effective coping mechanisms and methods for controlling emotional dysregulation. The person can identify and confront harmful thoughts and behavior patterns contributing to interpersonal issues and emotional instability.
- Phobias: CBT for phobias entails teaching relaxation methods and coping skills to handle anxiety symptoms while gradually exposing the patient to fearful situations or things. People can recognize and question the unfavorable ideas and assumptions that fuel their phobic responses.
- Stress: CBT for stress entails identifying and correcting harmful thoughts and behavior patterns contributing to overwhelming and anxious feelings. The patient will be able to cope with the effects of the stress effectively.
Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Patients
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a very useful approach to enhancing the wellness of patients and mental health disorders like sadness, addictions, anxiety, and certain phobias. Greene Psychological Group works closely with patients to establish their health needs before developing a personalized treatment plan that suits their health objectives. Clients gain resilience, new coping mechanisms, and increased self-worth with CBT.
The present-oriented nature of CBT is one of its main advantages. In reality, CBT assists clients in maintaining a sense of presence in the present moment rather than concentrating on the past or the future. CBT allows clients to take charge of their mental health and make good changes by breaking unpleasant ideas and behaviors down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
CBT Services for All
Our therapists at Greene Psychological Group are dedicated to providing clients of all ages, including therapy for adults, with compassionate and successful CBT. Psychologists will help patients with counseling needs, whether for themselves, their parents, spouses, children, or siblings. Psychological services for family counseling are also available at Greene Psychological Group, where an entire family requires CBT services. The specialists will work with the family and create a flexible treatment plan.
Additionally, the doctors can provide in-person, teletherapy, and online counseling CBT services. Teletherapy is a very useful approach, especially for patients who cannot visit or be visited by professionals for one reason or another.
Finally, Greene Psychological Group’s CBT services are the best in Raleigh, NC, and nearby areas. If you are looking for dedicated, professional, and reliable physiologists and counselors, your search has ended happily. Call 919-205-5339 to make an appointment with a therapy specialist. Visit greenepsychologygroup.com to learn more about the many therapy services offered, particularly CBT-related therapy.